All About Pick Your Own Strawberries at Reesor's
Pick Your Own strawberry fields are now open. You'll enjoy picking your own Ontario strawberries at our farm in the countryside of Markham. Lots of ready-picked strawberries are available too.
Picking hours can vary according to weather conditions. Please call our strawberry hotline for daily picking conditions and hours, 905-640-4568. Gate closes 30 minutes before the picking time ends.
Usual picking hours:
Mon.-Fri. 8:00 to 6:30
Sat. 8:00 to 5:00
Our pick your own strawberry fields are typically open each year from late June to early July.
Upon arrival at our strawberry field please purchase a U-Pick Strawberry Field Admission card for $4.00. It is valid for one person to enter the field that day. The card covers your first $4.00 worth of strawberries picked. The regular price of $5.15/kg of strawberries picked applies for additional harvest. Only paying customers may enter the field. Children aged 5 and under are free.
Family or Group Admission:
Upon arrival at our strawberry field please purchase a U-Pick Strawberry Field Admission card for $15.00. It is valid for four people to enter the field that day. The card covers your group's first $25.00 worth of strawberries picked. The regular price of $5.15/kg of strawberries picked applies for additional harvest. Only paying customers may enter the field. Children aged 5 and under are free.
Here’s what to expect when you pick strawberries at Reesor’s Farm
- Straw between the rows and under the berries which makes it more comfortable for you and keeps the strawberries cleaner when it rains
- Convenient field-side parking
- Hand washing & toilet by the field
We’ve been growing strawberries for pick your own and ready-picked at our farm since 1985 and we try to ensure a good picking experience for you.
Containers: Baskets are for sale at the pick your own fields or bring your own shallow containers or baskets.
What about children? Supervised children are welcome!
Strawberry Picking Tips
1. Try to pick your berries with the long green stem (the peduncle) attached. Do this by grasping the peduncle between the forefinger and the thumbnail and pull with a slight twisting motion. Keeping the calyx (the tiny green leaves) attached keeps your strawberries fresher longer.
2. Select red strawberries. Green berries will not ripen after they are picked.
3. Gently place the berries in your shallow basket or container to avoid bruising them.
4. Store your strawberries, unwashed, with their stems on in a shallow, loosely covered container in your fridge.
5. Wash the berries just before you are are ready to use them. Remove the stems after washing them, so the water doesn't enter the berry and dilute the flavour. Washing ahead of time makes them more prone to spoiling.
Pick Your Own Pumpkins
Our pick your own pumpkin fields open in mid- to late September. In the fall we have hundreds of pumpkins to choose from in our Pick Your Own pumpkin fields and in our Farm Market. It's free to enter our pumpkin patch. More Reesor's pumpkin info is here: Pumpkins
If you enjoy fresh air, sunshine and knowing exactly where your food comes from, give pick your own strawberries a try! Our farm market has lots of ready picked strawberries in the summertime along with all kinds of Ontario fruits, preserves, vegetables and our own famous fruit pies.
Call 905-640-4568 for details.
Mon.-Sat. 9:00 to 6:30. Closed Sundays.
10825 Ninth Line, Markham, ON L6B 1A8
View Google Map